At Court Moor School we aim to ensure there is equality for all students, staff and parents regardless of their status or characteristics. As a school we follow the Equality Act of 2010 and consider the needs of people with protected characteristics in the decisions that we make. The school regularly reviews how it promotes equality and understanding of diversity within the school community and beyond. The Senior Leadership Team and the Governing Body are committed to extending our provision in this area. The school’s motto of ‘Caring to Achieve’ is intrinsic to how each individual is treated and we will work as an institution to broaden the inclusiveness of the school community.
Current initiatives in 2016/17 included:
- Improved accessibility and facilities for students with physical disabilities.
- Events marking Black History Month and LGBT History Month : including tutor activities, poster campaigns and rainbow flag flown.
- STEM activities with a focus on encouraging girls’ participation.
- BME staff trained as future leaders on Wellington College programme.
- Joined Mermaids recommended schools to support trans students.
- Equality training for all as part of the induction process.
Date of publication: Spring 2017
Date of review and re-publication: Spring 2018